Tuesday, October 24, 2017

My Journey on Oct. 23, 2017 Luke 12:13-21

Monday of the Twenty-ninth Week 
in Ordinary Time - Lectionary 473

1st Reading - ROM 4:20-25

Responsorial Psalm
Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel;
he has come to his people.
Luke 1:69-70-72, 73-75

Alleluia
Matt 5:3
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Blessed are the poor in spirit;
for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

Gospel - Luke 12:13-21


Reflection on Todays Readings

Rembrandt - Parable of the Rich Fool




A JUST LIFE By Fr. Groeschel



S.Brothers and sisters: Abraham did not doubt God's promise in unbelief; rather, he was empowered by faith and gave glory to God and was fully convinced that what God had promised he was also able to do.That is why it was credited to him as righteousness. But it was not for him alone that it was written that it was credited to him; it was also for us, to whom it will be credited,who believe in the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,who was handed over for our transgressions and was raised for our justification.. ROM 4:20-25      

"..God  said to him, 'You fool, this nightyour life will be demandedof you; and the things you have prepared, to whom will they belong?' Thus will it be for the one who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich in what matters to God."  Luke 12: 20-21

O. We must be impowered by faith and believe in Gods promises and give glory to Him!            
Christ was raised for our justification. We will be set free from our enemies.                    
Guard against greed. My life does not consist of possessions. I will have treasures beyond imagination in Heaven. Jesus says so and I believe Him! 

A. I will not be so greedy wanting more and more books and other this that are not necessary in my life.  Learn to share things like my  books that have been read and now just sit on the shelf.  I think I might be a book hoarder. Ever since my husband died I don't have the need or desire for so many possessions and plan on keeping it that way. 

P. Jesus have mercy on me a sinner.                   The Joyful Mysteries Rosary, Divine Mercy   Chaplet in song, Prayer to the Holy Spirit, Act of Contrition, Pope Francis Monthy Intentions. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary said on Fridays

Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary  said on Tuesdays and Fridays The Agony of Jesus in the Garden 1st Sorrowful Mystery My So...